In VNC Connect + VirtualGL remote graphic environment, standalone Fluent can find and use hardware accelerated graphic driver by launching Fluent with vglrun (e.g. vglrun /ansys_inc/v192/fluent/bin/fluent). But when Fluent is launched from Workbench which runs with vglrun (e.g. vglrun /ansys_inc/v192/Frameworks/bin/Linux64/runwb2), cortex process (cx1920) is not listed in nvidia-smi output, and VGL logo doesn’t show up in Fluent graphic when VGL_LOGO=1 is set, while other Workbench application process, such as the “mono AnsysWBU.exe” process can be found in nvidia-smi output and VGL log appears in DesignModeler, Meshing or Mechanical graphic window. How to enable Fluent launched from Workbench to find and use hardware accelerated graphic driver in VirtualGL remote graphic environment?
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
Option #1: Set below environment variable in the Environment tab of Fluent launcher window: CORTEX_PRE=
/bin/vglrun For example: CORTEX_PRE=/opt/VirtualGL/bin/vglrun Option #2: Set below system environment variable before launching Workbench with vglrun For C Shell: setenv CORTEX_PRE /bin/vglrun For Bash Shell: export CORTEX_PRE= /bin/vglrun Similar solution may also apply for OpenText Exceed onDemand remote graphic environment, which need a ssrrun command to achieve server-side rendering for accelerated graphics performance.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?