In some cases mesh deformation can result in negative volumes and hence solver failure. How to avoid this?
Tagged: 10, cfx-solver, dynamic-meshing, fluid-dynamics, General
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
Suggestions for avoiding mesh folding (i.e. negative volumes): -Use a different Mesh Stiffness option. The default option may not be appropriate for your particular model. -Modify the Model Exponent. If negative volumes are occurring on the boundaries, increase the exponent. If negative volumes are occurring away from the boundaries, try reducing it from the default value. -Use the double precision solver -Set the convergence criteria for the Mesh Displacement equation to a lower value (e.g. 1E-05) and increase the coefficient loops to 10 or higher in CFX-Pre under Solver Control->Equation Class Settings->Mesh Displacement
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.