In Reaction Workbench V 17.0, I am able to merge two mixed gas phase/surface reaction mechanisms. In V 19.1, however, I encounter an error: “Surface Chemistry cannot be merged at this time. Please merge gas-phase chemistry only.” Why the downgrade in functionality? Was there something wrong in the V 17.0 mechanism merge?
June 5, 2023 at 7:06 amFAQParticipant
Yes, the V 17.0 merge of mixed gas/surface reaction mechanisms silently merged only the gas phase reactions. This was leading to inconsistencies in the merged mechanism, because the donor surface chemistry was absent. Reaction Workbench cannot yet merge surface chemistry. There is no “standard” way of identifying surface species. Also, parsing and comparing surface reactions is much more complicated than doing the same thing for gas-phase reactions. In 17.0, there was no warning when surface chemistry was present because we failed to anticipate the presence of surface reactions in the donor mechanisms. The result was that the gas-phase parts of mechanisms were merged as if there was no surface chemistry present. This then caused problems with the merged mechanism. Because of this limitation, the Surface Chemistry error message is now displayed and the merge operation is halted when surface reactions are present.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?