In R18, Is it possible to delete the ln22 files to reduce hard disk space in the context of CMS with RBD ? How it is possible to do it ?
June 5, 2023 at 7:04 amFAQParticipant
With the default option (ELCALC set to no in CMSOPT command), we must keep the ln22 files, because they are used in the subsequent expansion pass (along with the .cms file). With the new option in R18, ELCALC may set to yes in CMSOPT command, and ln22 files may be deleted, because all the modes of the transformation matrix as well, as the elemental results, are stored only in the .cms file which is sufficient for the expansion pass. With this option, the size of the .cms file will increase compared with the default approach. To delete the ln22 file, just issue SEOPT,CPXXX,2,,,NONE in a command snippet inserted below the condensed part, keeping in mind ELCALC must be set to yes in CMSOPT. Therefore a useful command insert (below the condensed part) would be the following : CMSOPT,FIX,6,,,,,CMS,,RBD,YES !specifies CMS analysis options SEOPT,CPXXX,2,,,NONE !specifies substructure analysis options
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I specify acceleration at a node? Could I use the ‘big mass method’?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- Is it possible to perform a sine-on-random vibration analysis in either Mechanical or Mechanical APDL?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Vibration Housing Noise
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- How to apply application-based settings to improve the performance and robustness of transient structural analyses?
- In Workbench Mechanical, how can I obtain strain energy output for Modal analysis?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?