In Fluent (16.x to R18.2) Launcher on Windows, set Fluent Root Path to a UNC path which includes a space, e.g. hostANSYS Incv182fluent and set to run in local parallel (using either default ibmmpi or Intel), read a case file, it prints warning as below. Solving performance may be affected. Note: Rank = X: Process affinity not being set (3).
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
It’s a defect, will be fixed in 19.0. Using MS MPI on Windows HPC won’t have such issue. Workarounds: 1.Set Fluent Root Path to local path if possible (e.g. C:Program FilesANSYS Incv182fluent) 2.Remove the space in UNC path for Fluent Root Path. e.g. change shared name from ANSYS Inc to AnsysInc, then change Fluent Root Path from \hostANSYS Incv182fluent to \hostAnsysIncv182fluent. Or just share and use v182, e.g. \hostv182fluent
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?