In ANSYS Release 11.0, can querying the subgrid identify multiple items at the same location for SHELL181 elements?
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
Yes, the subgrid query does not operate on the actual model; it operates on the “graphics object.” PowerGraphics (/GRAPHICS,POWER) takes the displaced coordinates of the SHELL181 elements and expands them into 3D faceted “graphics blocks” to create this graphics object. The contour colors are assigned at each block corner (top and bottom surface), and the contour values from adjacent blocks are not averaged. The picker uses a view vector from the centroid of the model to the user’s eye to traverse the model. Depending on the orientation and displaced shape, multiple grid points can lay along any given view vector. Thus, the subgrid picker will find multiple items at one location any of the three following reasons: (1) values exist for the top and bottom shell surface (2) multiple values exist at the same location from the faceted adjacent elements, and (3) multiple locations exist along the view vector.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Structural modeling with ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- ANSYS Mechanical: Node Merge
- How can you identify the element types used by Mechanical?
- How do I address the DesignModeler error: “Lines do not form a closed loop”?
- Why does Mechanical sometimes issue a warning about having wedge elements in the model?
- How to change/assign element type in Mechanical?
- Generating Mesh for Finite Element Analysis in ANSYS Workbench
- How to avoid SpaceClaim session freezing or slowing down for certain operations?
- ANSYS Mechanical: What’s New in 2020 R2
- Why might a 2D axisymmetric model fail to open in Mechanical?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.