March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
In an ANSYS random vibration analysis, root-mean-square (RMS) values are referred to as “one-sigma” values. So, the RMS acceleration is the one-sigma acceleration. “G” refers to the acceleration expressed in terms of the gravitational acceleration. So “GRMS” is the one-sigma acceleration in terms of G. In /POST1, the calculated one-sigma accelerations are stored in load step 5. To obtain the one-sigma acceleration in terms of G (GRMS), simply divide the one-sigma acceleration values by the gravitational acceleration constant using the SET command. /post1 set,5,1,1/386.4 ! for BIN unit system
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I specify acceleration at a node? Could I use the ‘big mass method’?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Vibration Housing Noise
- Is it possible to perform a sine-on-random vibration analysis in either Mechanical or Mechanical APDL?
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- How to apply application-based settings to improve the performance and robustness of transient structural analyses?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- In Workbench Mechanical, how can I obtain strain energy output for Modal analysis?