I’m modelling semi-elliptical cracks in Mechanical and I am increasing the number of Mesh Contours (on the crack mesh object) from the default 6 to 10 but my report and results only show the original 6. How can I display all mesh contours (10)?
Tagged: 18.2, General, mechanical, static, structural-and-thermal, structural-mechanics
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
The automatic report depends on the number of mesh contours it sees in the post-processing objects (Fracture Tool), not what you put in the mesh setting for the crack. So if you change the number of contours on the results under the Fracture Tool to 10, the automatic report table and the post-processing object under the Fracture Tool will have the 10 contours there. Another solve will be required.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Modeling Radiative Heat Transfer
- Why there is difference in contact status between two load steps during Bolt Pretension? LS1: Bolt is Loaded LS2: Pretension is locked
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1
- Stress Concentration Tips & Tricks
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.