If the solution cell is set to update via RSM, and there are 10 design points being updated, 10 jobs will be submitted to the server taking up many licenses. Is there a way to restrict license usage when using solution cell update via RSM?
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
The assumed behavior is that you want to run the jobs as fast as possible so it will submit all DPs at once. If you want to limit the amount of jobs submitted, instead of submitting the solution cell to RSM, submit the parameter to update via RSM, since there is an option to submit one job for all design points, effectively limiting the license usage for the update. If you’re using the ARC scheduler, there are some ARC options to limit how many jobs a user can have active at once. This solution is applicable to all physics applications.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?