If I specify a wall’s thermal BC type to ‘radiation’ or ‘mixed’, why does the ‘radiation heat transfer rate’ under ‘flux reports’ still calculate 0 for that wall?
June 5, 2023 at 7:06 amFAQParticipant
This flux report computes the heat transfer rate by whichever radiation model you have enabled under the ‘radiation model’ panel. Specifying that a wall has a radiation BC type means that we specify the heat flux at the wall by using the Stefan-Boltzmann law (i.e., such that q = sigma*(T1^4 – T2^4)), but Fluent does not include that flux in the radiation heat transfer rate. If you are not using a radiation model, the radiative flux will always be zero. Saying that a wall has a radiation BC type simply means that we specify the heat flux in the form q = sigma*h*(T1^4 – T2^4). It does not actually enable any of the radiation models. Keywords: flux, radiation, mixed, flux report
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?