If a monitor is created in CFX – Pre for outlet pressure and the values displayed in the monitor plot in the solver manager reflect units of Pa then how to reflect theses values in psi?
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
There are two ways to do this: 1) Change the solver units from their default of SI units to English inconsistent units of lbm, psi, lbf, etc. The problem with this approach is that it can cause issues later in post-processing as the units in the res file will be in English units and care must be taken in to take into account a gc conversion factor in certain calculations. Would Recommend to keep the solver in its in SI to avoid these issues. 2) In the monitor expression, simply divide the expression by “1 [psi]”. This will force the numerator to be converted to units of psi, then be divided by 1[psi]. This is the recommended approach. For pressure monitor points, recommend creating an additional variable, where the additional variable is based on the expression Pnew=Pressure/1[psi]. Then, for the monitor point, refer to the additional variable instead of Pressure.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?