I want to use the cfx5mondata application to extract monitor data from my run from the command line. What is the syntax to extract data for a certain monitor point?

I want to use the cfx5mondata application to extract monitor data from my run from the command line. What is the syntax to extract data for a certain monitor point?

Tagged: 

Keymaster

The cfx5mondata application provides a command-line driven mechanism to query or extract monitor data from the directory in which a solver run is executing, a CFX-Solver Results file, or a monitor file. When extracted, monitor data are written in a comma-separated format that is similar to the output generated by the Exporting Plot Data capability. On Windows, usually the most easy way to use cfx5mondata (or other command line base CFX tools) is to open a Command Line from the Tools menu in the CFX Launcher: Tools -> Command Line. On Linux, the command is usually available directly in your terminal. If this is not the case, you can also start a suitable command line from the CFX Launcher. To obtain a complete list of available command line options for cfx5mondata you can use cfx5mondata -help To obtain a list of all variables/monitors that can be extracted, you can use cfx5mondata -res myresfile.res -showvars In this output, the monitors that you specified start with “USER POINT”, e.g. … USER POINT,Monitor Point 1,Default Domain,”x= 0.00E+00,y= 0.00E+00,z= 0.00E+00″,Absolute Pressure USER POINT,Monitor Point 2 … The syntax to extract data for the first monitor point would then be Windows (enclose in double quotes and escape the double quotes inside the command with ): cfx5mondata -res StaticMixer_001.res -varlist “USER POINT,Monitor Point 1,Default Domain,”x= 0.00E+00