I try to run a Functional Mock-up Interface (FMI) Co-simulation in CFX. The FMU was written in Modelica and exported by Dymola. When I run the simulation, CFX reports an unspecific error with the FMU and stops. What could be the reason for this?
Tagged: 2019 R1, cfx, fluid-dynamics, FMU, General - CFX
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
If you see an error message that is similar to this one for a Dymola-generated FMU: ERROR #999100420 has occurred in subroutine fmi2InstantiateF. Message: Functional Mockup Unit (FMU) error: – FMU instance : NameOfFMU – FMU error : fmi2Error the reason could be that you compiled the FMU in a way that requires a Dymola license for the execution of the FMU and you don’t have access to the required license. In this case, the modelDescription.xml will contain an entry like generationTool=”Dymola Version 2019 (64-bit), 2018-04-11 (requires license to execute)” Instructions on how to compile the FMU such that no license is required for the execution of the FMU can be found in the Dymola documentation.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.