I Need a Journal file for my Simulation and it works well when I run Fluent in foreground. However, when I try to start it in Background mode or on a Server with RSM via Workbench, it gives me an error saying that it is not possible to read two Journal files at once. How can avoid this error?
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
When a ANSYS FLUENT job is submitted to the Remote Solver Manager (RSM), RSM automatically generates a journal file, named “SolutionPending.jou”, including Scheme commands based on the run properties and runs the solver using this journal file. Thus, it is not allowed to directly run ANSYS FLUENT with your own journal file. First of all we have to create a macro where the content of the journal could pasted. Here a small example: (cx-macro-define ‘( (testmacro . ” /define/boundary-conditions/velocity-inlet inlet-y no no yes yes no 7.7 no 0. yes yes “TInFluent”” no no no yes 5. 0.88 “” ) ) ) Fluent will save the macros file as a scheme file. Afterwards the scheme file containing the macros needs to be registered as startup scheme in the Workbench. This could be done by right clicking on the setup cell and choosing “Register Startup Scheme”. After doing this step the macros are loaded automatically in Fluent. Then you have to switch “Automatic Solution and Case Modification” under “Calculation Activities“ on. In the “Automatic Solution and Case Modification” panel you can now edit the field “case Modification” and write the name of the macro you want to use in the Setup under “Commands” and the number of iterations (steady) or timesteps (unsteady) Fluent would execute with the new settings. “
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?