I loaded a blocking that was ok before and now the outer edges of one volume are blue and not white. All the outer faces of the block belonging to a single material are not projected and bad elements are created when it is meshed. How do I find the problem?
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
Unprojected block faces are usually caused by missing or unreferenced geometry. There may have been a wall or walls near the unprojected block faces that is now missing or in a different family from the one the block faces were originally projected to. Turn on all the part families and look for surface geometry that corresponds to the block surfaces. Then, go to Blocking Associations > Associate Face to Surface. There, select the block face or faces that are unprojected and associate them with the correct the part families in the part selector that appears. Once this change is made, block faces should turn white. Then, go to Edges > Show Association. Fix any bad edge projections in a similar manner, either by projecting the edge to a surface or to geometry edge (where available). Check your changes with Premesh and modify as necessary.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?