I heard that Fluent Meshing can now generate Tet Hexcore meshes that are compatible with CFX…. What settings are required in Fluent Meshing to achieve this?
April 13, 2023 at 7:32 amSolutionParticipant
Yes, Fluent Meshing can now generate Tet-Hexcore meshes for CFX. Prior to release 2021R1, the Hexacore region would transition our from the smaller, near wall tet elements using a 1/8 Octree size transition to grow the Hexacore element size. This type of “Hanging node” connection is disallowed by CFX. To get around this issue, there is now a volume meshing instruction “avoid 1/8 octree transition?” that can be set to instruct Fluent Meshing to make this transition with tet elements. This prevents the hanging node connection between Hexes of different sizes and the resulting hexacore area is composed of uniform-size elements. Please see attached document for more description
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1