I have two independent/unconnected Static Structural systems in Workbench but I want to see the results for both under the same Mechanical window. How can I do this?
May 15, 2023 at 8:32 amSolutionParticipant
A and B systems (in image 1) are the original independent systems for which one wants to see the results together in the same Mechanical system. C and D are “dummy” systems used for the viewing results purpose. These will need a geometry to be loaded, any geometry can be used or created. This is just for the purpose of being able to open Mechanical. Before doing this locate the original file.rst files (in image 1). Also go to Tools/Options/Appearance scroll down and pick Beta options. Now double click system C or D to open Mechanical. See image 2. Set this for both systems. Also put in any boundary conditions on both systems or RMB and insert command object. This is just to remove any question marks. Click on Solution for one of the systems and then go to the top to Tools/Read Result Files and find one of the relevant file.rst files and load it. Click the other Solution and repeat the result loading file process. Now you should be able to request any results items under each system. Please keep in mind this is a beta feature.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?