I have several Fluent UDFs loaded that apply properties of Cp, density and viscosity to my materials. When I initialize the case, however, there is an immediate crash. What could the problem be?
March 17, 2023 at 6:12 amFAQParticipant
There are a number of reasons for the crash. When initialization occurs, variables are evaluated, so this is where problems with UDFs can sometimes make an early appearance. The possibilities are: 1. The routine was interpreted, and the interpretation cannot be processed by Fluent because the UDF is too complex. If this is the case, compiling the routine should eliminate the problem. 2. An inappropriate UDF was used to define the property. Some properties, like Specific Heat, have their own unique DEFINE routine. If Specific heat is defined with DEFINE_PROPERTY rather than DEFINE_SPECIFIC_HEAT, Fluent will crash.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- I am running an electrochemistry simulation in Fluent. How can I access the electrochemistry reaction rates with UDF?
- How do I model humidity in Fluent?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Port Flow Part 1 – Getting Started
- LES Simulation of Turbulent Flames Using ANSYS Fluent
- How can volume fraction be plotted in a species transport simulation?
- ANSYS Fluent: Describing Non-premixed Combustion using the Steady Flamelet Model
- What is a DASAC failure and how can I correct it?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine: (ICE) Engine Sector Combustion Part 1 Getting Started
- Error “…Cannot find thermo database file …Reverting to default…” while reading PDF Table. How to link a specific thermodynamic database file to a case?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Engine Sector Combustion Part 6 Results