I have set SpaceClaim to repairing these inexact edges in a complicated model, but it is taking hours. How can I get around this?
June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
Q: I have a geometry that I have imported into SpaceClaim. It is a very complicated model and SpacClaim is finding thousands of inexact edges. I have set SpaceClaim to repairing these inexact edges, but it is taking hours. How can I get around this?
A: It is often unnecessary to correct the inexact edges. Many geometries will still mesh perfectly without addressing the inexact edges. The recommendation is to ignore these and move on to meshing the geometry. It is very unusual for inexact edges to pose problems at the meshing stage. If you have a geometry with inexact edges that is causing problems during meshing, please share this with your suppot engineer.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How do I make Cross section easier to view (not in drawing sheets)?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Shared Toplogy
- ANSYS DesignModeler: How to Perform a Clean and Repair
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Midsurfacing
- How to avoid following warning in DesignModeler: Warning: Self intersecting or invalid profiles were ignored..Context: Extrude Feature
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Shared Topology
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Imprinting Geometry
- ANSYS AIM: Convergence Tips for a Fluid Flow Simulation
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How do I reset the toolbar docking layout?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Weld Feature