I have installed the ANSYS Workbench 11 SP1 and the ANSYS CFX 11 SP1 software on my Windows XP 64-bit machine. When I try to open a file in CFX-Pre in ANSYS Workbench I get the following message: =================== CFX-Pre Start Failure CFX-Pre terminated while attempting to connect to Workbench. ==================== I installed the 32-bit versions of Workbench and CFX 11 SP1 because of CAD issues.
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
On a Windows 64-bit machine it is expected that the 64-bit versions of Workbench and CFX would be installed; the issue being seen is due to having installed the 32-bit versions. The workaround for this is to set the variable CFX_FORCE_WOW64 to the value 1. This has to be set as a regular environment variable (using Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Environment Variables button > System Variables list > New) as its value needs to be known before perl is run at the launch of CFX.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?