I have installed CFX-4.4 on a PC with Windows 2000. I have also installed Exceed and Exceed 3D 8.0. When I start CFX-Build I get the message: /cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/bash.exe:/c:/CFX/CFX-4.4/bin/runbuild4: no such file or directory
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
This is probably because you have not carried out one of the CFX-4.4 installation steps to set the software mount points. Two mount points need to set, one for /tmp and one for /bin. Select the option Tools > Reset Mount Table on the CFX-4 Launcher. Try CFX-Build again; it should now work. If it still does not work select the option Tools > Command Line from the CFX-4 Launcher to open up a bash window. This may produce an error message that the /tmp directory cannot be found. Ignore this and continue. Type the command mount in the bash window. Check to see what /tmp and /bin are set to – the vaulues in the first column of the output from mount show what they have been set to. Check what /tmp is set to. If it is set to c:temp, make sure that this directory exists on your hard disk; if it does not, create it and then make sure that the TMP user variable was set to c:temp using Control Panel > System > Advanced > User Variables. Check what /bin is set to. It should be set the installation directory that you specified when you installed the Cygwin software from the installation CD. The default is c:cygnus. If /bin is set incorrectly type umount /bin mount ‘c:cygnuscygwin-b20H-i586-cygwin32bin’ /bin taking care to put the correct directory name in the second line. Now exit the bash window, ignoring any error messages that may appear. Try CFX-Build again. This time it should work fine.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.