I have encountered a weird CFX pre issue. Whenever I open a file (I was trying to open an existing .cfx file), the file selection window does not pop up, but moving my cursor to the taskbar, I can see a blank window. No matter what I do, I cannot get the file selection window working. I tried reloading CFX and rebooting the computer. I can open an existing .cfx file by double clicking the file, but the same issue occurs when I try to import a new mesh. My CFX installation was working fine last week. How can I fix this?
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
One thing you can try immediately is to shut down all instances of CFX on your machine and delete the .cfx file in C:/Users/
The.cfx file is a common cause of problems with an installation of CFX that started with no problems. Over time, the files in .cfx fill up with settings and preferences, These affect how windows open, among other things, and can cause them to stay minimized, which probably was the issue here. Most of the odd behavior of CFX, both in standalone mode and under Workbench, can be traced back to the .cfx files.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?