I have an Eulerian phase change problem set up and I am having trouble hooking a mass transfer UDF. Once my UDF is compiled and loaded., I proceed to the Eulerian Phase Interaction pane. This produces the following warning message: Warning: 1. In Heat Transfer models, fixed-to-sat-temp should only be selected when mass transfer occurs. The To-Phase temperature equals to the saturation temperature. 2. For Evaporation-Condensation, with Two-Resistance heat transfer, Thermal Phase Change model is used; Otherwise, Lee model is applied. 3. For user-defined mass transfer, Linearized-Mass-Transfer UDF is on. If needed, use ‘solve/set/expert’ to switch to Mass-Transfer UDF. Even after making the required change in the TUI, The UDF will not hook and the attempt to use the user-defined Mass Transfer option results it the error: “No user-defined functions have been loaded.” even though the UDF is loaded. How can I get around this?
January 25, 2023 at 7:17 amFAQParticipant
There is a defect that effects releases up to and including V 18.0 that require the existing mass transfer relationship to be completely disabled and then re-established before the UDF can be hooked. To do this, set the mass transfer relationship from its previous value to “None” and reduce the number of mass transfer mechanisms to 0. Then add a new mass transfer mechanism and set the mass transfer relationship to “user-defined”. UDF will now hook.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Describing Cavitation in a Centrifugal Pump
- ANSYS Fluent: Efficient Modeling of Spray Breakup using VOF-to-DPM Transition
- Simulation of Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Cooler with CFD
- ANSYS Fluent: Lifeboat Launch – Overset & Dynamic Meshes with the Volume of Fluid Model
- How can I get the surface area or volume when using VOF model?
- Mixing Tank Modeling in ANSYS Fluent
- Hydrodynamics and Wave Impact Analysis
- Fluent: Simulating Multiphase Mixing within a Sparging Tank – Part 1
- Optimizing Solid Distribution in Continuous Stirred-Tank Reactor
- ANSYS Fluent: Simulating Multiphase Mixing within a Sparging Tank – Part 2