I have a line body in SpaceClaim that is in a Group (Named selection). When I import the SpaceClaim file into ICEM, the line is not there, even though I have checked off “Import Line Bodies” under the import options. How can I make lines import to ICEM?
June 5, 2023 at 7:06 amFAQParticipant
Lines must be converted to beams in SpaceClaim before they will be recognized for export. Making the line body into a beam in SpaceClaim allows it and its Named Selection to be imported to ICEM. To convert the line, select it in the SpaceClaim viewer, go to the Prepare tab and click the dropdown arrow under “Set the profile for the currently selected beam” to assign a profile to the line – this will convert it to a beam. The beam will now show in the SpaceClaim tree, along with the selected profile. The result then comes into ICEM as line, along with the Part name “AXIS”
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?