I have a dynamic mesh case with a sliding interface. The case runs fine without errors or warnings when autosave is disabled (that is, when no .cas/.dat-files are written during the run) independently of the number of processors used. When the case is run with autosave turned on in parallel, I get a number of error messages and then Fluent crashes with a segmentation fault. What is the reason for this error and how can I avoid it?
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
The error messages that you get might look like the following ones: Corner nodes should already be created. Corner nodes should already be created. 0: Error: node 0 already marked as 1! 0: Error: node 0 already marked as 1! 0: Error: node 0 already marked as 2! 0: Error: node 0 already marked as 2! … This is a bug in a non-conformal interface optimization code. You can turn this optimization off to prevent the crash by setting the following RP-variable (type the scheme command into the TUI and hit enter): (rpsetvar ‘parallel/si-cleanup-interval 1)
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Predict Gearbox Lubrication, Oil Temperature and Churning Losses using CFD Simulation
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to Predict Performance of Bioreactors and Mixing Tanks