I have a CGNS file that has boundary patch information (part families). These are ignored on import to ICEM v 19.0, however. The same file can be read into CFX Pre, and the part families show up there perfectly. I need to get the mesh into ICEM so I can make changes. Is there a workaround for this?
Tagged: 19, fluid-dynamics, General, icem-cfd, Solver output
April 5, 2023 at 2:33 pmFAQParticipant
ICEM currently cannot import CGNS boundary patch information. It can import boundary patches from CFX .def files, however. To get the CGNS patch information into ICEM, you can continue on in CFX Pre. and make the required boundary condition assignments. Name the boundary conditions as you would want the families to appear in ICEM. Then, write out the .def file and import to ICEM via File > Import Mesh > From CFX. Make sure to leave the default selection of “Set Face Parts from: BC Patches on.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.