I get an error message when I run the AFSURF macro for a case which involves a serpentine passage. ANSYS tells me that the EN command cannot store an element because one or more nodes is not defined. What circumstance may cause this? I am running ANSYS 9.0.
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
The macro is known to fail if the distance between the serpentine passages is spanned by only one element. The work around is to refine the 3D mesh before running the AFSURF macro. Make sure there are at least two elements between them so that each 3D element is associated with no more than one surface element.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- What is the difference between secant and instantaneous coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE)?
- What does ambient temperature represent when using surface to surface radiation?
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1