I can’t export a mesh from ANSYS Meshing in Fluent-mesh-format (msh-file) due to overlapping geometry in Named Selections, why?
April 5, 2023 at 2:33 pmFAQParticipant
If you try to export a mesh from ANSYS Meshing in Fluent mesh format (msh-file) via “File” -> “Export”, you might get following error message: “The mesh file exporter does not support overlapping geometry in named selections. Please resolve the issue and try again.” This error message occurs, because a certain face or domain cannot be used for more than one “Named Selection” within a Fluent mesh as Fluent is using the “Named Selections” to define the cell zones and boundary faces, respectively. You can show the problematic overlapping geometries by right clicking on the “Mesh” branch of the tree and choosing “Show” -> “Geometry in Overlapping Named Selections”. In addition to that you can automatically repair the problematic “Named Selections” by right clicking on the “Named Selections” branch and choosing “Repair Overlapping Named Selections”. But attention, this might result in a not useful boundary face setup. Hence, it is suggested to repair the problematic “Named Selections” manually.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?