I am writing out .cas and .data files with file auto-save every few timesteps for a batch run using a journal file, but Fluent makes no attempt to write the files. What could be happening?
March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
If no error is generated by the auto-save, and there is no evidence from the transcript that Fluent has attempted to write the files, then it is possible that the data-frequency is set to flow-time and not time-step: file auto-save save-data-file-every flow-time In this scenario, a data-frequency of 5 would mean that the next data-file -write is 5 seconds away. The best way to verify this is to open the .cas file in a standalone Fluent session after the journal file has been read and inspect the auto-save settings. Once a .cas file has the flow-time data frequency setting, the journal file will have to first change this setting to time-step and then set the data-frequency: 1. file auto-save save-data-file-every time-step 2. file auto-save data-frequency 5 Doing this in the reverse order may cause the save-data-file-every setting to be ignored or the data-frequency zeroed. (Both will have the effect of the file not getting written.)
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?