I am using Workbench Mechanical and I would like to monitor the displacement of a vertex in real time (i.e. when the simulation is running): is this possible?
Tagged: deformation, mechanical, monior, real-time, Tracker, vertex
June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
Yes, it is possible by using the “Deformation Tracker”. These are the steps to follow to be able to use this capability:
1. Click on Solution Information
2. Right click and “Insert Deformation”
3. Select the vertex of interest and specify the orientation
Additional information on Result Trackers can be found in the following section of the documentation: ANSYS Documentation > Mechanical Applications > Mechanical User’s guide > Understanding Solving > Result Trackers > Structural Result Trackers
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.