I am using the Fluent FGM combustion model in V 18.2 and have encountered a segmentation fault. My PDF file was generated with Fluent V 15.0. I can run my case in Fluent V 16.1, but when I load the same case in V 18.2 , the seg fault occurs. Is this a defect? How can I work around it
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
There were a large number of changes to the flamelet and FGM tables between V 15.0 and V 18.x. One of the main ones were some changes to the structure of the PDF file to accommodate 5D table options. V 15.0 tables may there fore no longer be compatible with V 18.2 The workaround is to regenerate the PDF file in V 18.2 so that its structure becomes compatible with the release.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- I am running an electrochemistry simulation in Fluent. How can I access the electrochemistry reaction rates with UDF?
- How do I model humidity in Fluent?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Port Flow Part 1 – Getting Started
- LES Simulation of Turbulent Flames Using ANSYS Fluent
- How can volume fraction be plotted in a species transport simulation?
- ANSYS Fluent: Describing Non-premixed Combustion using the Steady Flamelet Model
- What is a DASAC failure and how can I correct it?
- Error “…Cannot find thermo database file …Reverting to default…” while reading PDF Table. How to link a specific thermodynamic database file to a case?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Engine Sector Combustion Part 6 Results
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine: (ICE) Engine Sector Combustion Part 1 Getting Started