I am trying to run a Modal Acoustic analysis in Fluent 2019R3. I keep getting an error message about modal analysis only running in serial, but I have hosen the Serial option from the Fluent Laucher. How can I run Fluent in Serial?
Tagged: 2019 R3, fluent, fluid-dynamics, General, General - FLUENT, parallel
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
To run Fluent in Legacy Serial mode, the -t0 flag must be issued. This can be done on the Fluent command line as: -t0 Or you can use the Fluent Launcher to set this up. In the Launcher, select parallel mode, but set the number of processors to 0. This will run Fluent in legacy serial mode. Fluent should confirm this with a message when it starts. This mode will also allow you to run the Modal Acoustic Analysis without error.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.