I am running Nox Post-processing on a finished combustion solution in Fluent V 19.2. When I select the PDF mode to be Temperature/Species under the Turbulence Chemistry Interaction tab, and elect to use the transported variance equation, there is an instant SIGSEV error when the run is started. This used to work in V 17.2. What is the best workaround in current releases, and when will it be fixed?
January 25, 2023 at 7:17 amFAQParticipant
This combination of models (Temperature/Species PDF mode with transported variance) was not working in R 19.x. It is fixed in 2019R3. The current workaround for v 19.x and 2019R1 or new releases is to use either: (a) Use the temperature PDF mode or (b) Use the algebraic variance option if temperature/species PDF mode is selected
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- I am running an electrochemistry simulation in Fluent. How can I access the electrochemistry reaction rates with UDF?
- How do I model humidity in Fluent?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Port Flow Part 1 – Getting Started
- LES Simulation of Turbulent Flames Using ANSYS Fluent
- How can volume fraction be plotted in a species transport simulation?
- ANSYS Fluent: Describing Non-premixed Combustion using the Steady Flamelet Model
- What is a DASAC failure and how can I correct it?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine: (ICE) Engine Sector Combustion Part 1 Getting Started
- Error “…Cannot find thermo database file …Reverting to default…” while reading PDF Table. How to link a specific thermodynamic database file to a case?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Engine Sector Combustion Part 6 Results