I am running Fluent and trying to write out hd5 file formats Every once in awhile Fluent crashes with the error below and others unable to open file: name = ‘C:/Users/CFD/OneDrive – XX/Projects/CFD/Ensight Post-Processing/simulation/simulation-4.cas.h5’, errno = 13, error message = ‘Permission denied’ What is causing this and how can I avoid the crash?
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
The path in the error indicates that Fluent is writing to a OneDrive (Cloud) folder. This is unsupported, as it can create problems with permissions and synchronization. Simulation files should be written to local folders to avoid delays and timeouts that can adversely affect the operation of Fluent. This is noted here: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v212/en/flu_ug/flu_gs_limitations.html
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?