I am running an EDM model in which the reactants are burning too close to my nozzle. I enabled beta features and used the TUI control for temperature limits on reaction to control my lower temperature limit /define/models/species> species transport expert Minimum cell temperature for kinetics calculations  800 but it had no effect. What am I doing wrong?
March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
Only kinetics calculations are suppressed by this control. EDM Turbulent rates will still be non-zero. To prevent burn-back, run a combination of Finite Rate and EDM in conjunction with this control. The minimum rate at lower temperatures wll typically be the Chemical rate; this will be applied and then curbed by the expert parameter.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How do I model humidity in Fluent?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Port Flow Part 1 – Getting Started
- I am running an electrochemistry simulation in Fluent. How can I access the electrochemistry reaction rates with UDF?
- LES Simulation of Turbulent Flames Using ANSYS Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Describing Non-premixed Combustion using the Steady Flamelet Model
- How can volume fraction be plotted in a species transport simulation?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Engine Sector Combustion Part 6 Results
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine: (ICE) Engine Sector Combustion Part 1 Getting Started
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine: (ICE) Engine Sector Combustion Part 4 SolverSetup
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine: (ICE) Engine Sector Combustion Part 5 Solution
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.