I am running a VOF to DPM simulation with PUMA mesh adaption, and having trouble writing HDF5 files. There is a sporadic file access error during the writing of the HDF5 files HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.10.5) MPI-process 0: #000: H5F.c line 509 in H5Fopen(): unable to open file major: File accessibilty minor: Unable to open file #001: H5Fint.c line 1567 in H5F_open(): unable to lock the file major: File accessibilty minor: Unable to open file #002: H5FD.c line 1640 in H5FD_lock(): driver lock request failed major: Virtual File Layer minor: Can’t update object #003: H5FDsec2.c line 959 in H5FD_sec2_lock(): unable to lock file, errno = 11, error message = ‘Resource temporarily unavailable’ major: File accessibilty minor: Bad file ID accessed Error at Node 0: HDF Error occurred! at IO/Hdf/src/HdfFile_impl.hpp:163 during a call to HDF5 library function H5Fopen The fluent process could not be started.
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
There is a third party defect with the h5fopen_f function with MPI / HDF5 ( version 1.10.1 ), which affects Fluent 2020 R1. This defect triggers file locking, making files inaccessible and causing the error. The fix will appear in Fluent 2021 R1, which uses a newer HDF5 version. The workaround is to an environment variable that disables file locking: export HDF5_USE_FILE_LOCKING=”FALSE” The command needed may vary for each OS/shell. The value “FALSE” has to be capitalized. Double quotes may be optional,(ie: for C Shell)
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?