I am running a very large problem and have many variables saved at every cycle in the history file. After it runs far beyond a certain cycle (e.g., 10,000 cycles), it looks like AUTODYN stops. Why?
Tagged: 17, autodyn, Explicit - AUTODYN, General, structural-mechanics
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
Although it looks like AUTODYN has stopped it hasn’t really stopped. In this case, AUTODYN is saving the history file because you have a very big history file there. The way to remedy this is either to reduce the number of history variables or increase the increment between each save cycle or time for the history variables, or use both. You can reduce the number of history variables in the Output panel by choosing Select Variables under History. Or you can reduce the size of history file by using Reduce in the History panel to increase the reduction factor.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.