I am running a simulation in parallel which features a moving mesh with a GGI interface. I noticed that the overlap nodes are very high for my parallel partitions and I can’t reduce this by changing to a different partitioning method. If I run the case without moving mesh, the number of overlap nodes are significantly reduced. Why does this occur?
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
If the mesh on either side of an interface is moving, then all nodes on that interface are marked as overlap. â€˜Overlapâ€™ simply means that a node (and itâ€™s associated mesh faces) is a candidate for interface re-intersection. This is required since, with moving mesh, we never know a-priori where (or how) the mesh on each side of the interface will actually intersect; we must presume that point â€˜Aâ€™ on one side of the interface could intersect with *any* point on the other side of the interface. Although the memory usage will be increased due to the high overlap, there shouldn’t be too large a hit in terms of the CPU time required for the solution.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?