I am doing a series of transient runs using Design Points and I would like to be sure that each Dp initializes in the same way, according to what I set up in Fluent. The initialization options “Initialize from Current” , “Initialize from Previous”and from some retained solution will fail to achieve this, yet I don’t see any other options. Is there any way to just use the Fluent initialization?
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
The initialization options for the Fluent solution in Design Point runs defaults to Program-Controlled, which means that the progress from one Dp to another is controlled by the option selected for the Parameter set. The choices there are “From Current” or “From Previous”. This setting can be overridden from the Fluent Solution Cell Properties by right-clicking on the Solution cell and changing “Initialization Method” to either “Solver-Controlled” or “Use Solution Data from File” (which allows you to browse to any existing solution file). The “Solver-Controlled” option will recover the original Fluent-based initializaton.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1