March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
When an individual zone in a Fluent cas-file has a very large number of cells, then the following errors might occur when opening the cas, dat or cdat in CFD-Post: Windows: severe error operation failed. (system exception: vector too long) Linux: SEVERE Operation failed. (System exception: vector::_M_default_append) This indicates that one of the zones is too large to be opened in CFD-Post. A workaround for this issue is to split the largest zone. This can be done in Fluent with the Domain > Zones > Separate > Cells … command. The steps are: 1) create register to be used for separating the cell zone, i.e. by coordinate-direction 2) separate cell zone 3) save cas & dat, export cdat for CFD-Post 4) open cdat in CFD-Post
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?