June 5, 2023 at 7:04 amFAQParticipant
Under Mesh object there is an “Inflation” tool which are mostly used for CFD cases to improve mesh quality at high stress regions. It can also be applied in Mechanical to improve mesh. For example to improve contact result, “inflation” can be used to mesh the contact surface with hexahedral elements through a specified number of layers and transition to tetrahedral elements.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Structural modeling with ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- What might cause the “Error: HResult E_Fail has been returned from a call to a COM component” in SpaceClaim?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Node Merge
- How can we apply different loading conditions on both the top and bottom of a shell/surface body, e.g., temperature on top face and convection on bottom face.
- How can you identify the element types used by Mechanical?
- Why the following error appears when try to mesh a crack. “Mesher failed to generate crack meshing. Mesher failed to insert crack meshing. The crack might be outside of the inserting surface, please check the crack definition.”
- How to change/assign element type in Mechanical?
- How do I address the DesignModeler error: “Lines do not form a closed loop”?
- How to change begin node and element number for meshing in Workbench Mechanical?
- Is there a way to show the element coordinate systems so that I know what direction the bending moments are in?