Tagged: 17, cfx, fluid-dynamics, General - CFX
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
If the diffusive transport of energy or species is dominating, we have to take the diffusion across inlets into account. This is not included per default in ANSYS CFX. You have to add the expert parameter diffusion at inlets = t. in ANSYS CFX Pre : Insert ->Solver ->Expert Parameter->Discretization->Diffusion Scheme The Peclet number is a measure for the importance of diffusion relative to convection. It is the ratio of the rate of advection of a physical quantity by the flow to the rate of diffusion of the same quantity driven by an appropriate gradient. For values smaller equal 1 you have to consider the diffusion. For energy the Peclet Number is defined as: Pe = Tr*Pr= Charcteristic_Length * Velocity * Density * cp / lambda For species you could substitute the Pr Number by the Schmidt Number.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.