June 6, 2022 at 8:32 amFAQParticipant
By using very large mesh, or profile data, the CFX solver may fail with the following error message, during memory allocation.
+——————————————————————–+ | ERROR #333100180 has occurred in subroutine Out_MemPar. | | Message: | | | | The total number of words requested by partition 1 | | for the Character stack is : 2149735936 | | That exceeds the maximum of : 2147483648 | | supported by the flow solver. Please reduce the memory usage. | +——————————————————————–+
By default, the workspace allocation is limited by using 32-bits Integers. But big problems may need 64-bits as shown in the above error message. To increase to 64-bits, a “Large Problem” option can be used: – interactively in CFX-Solver, by selecting Large Problem option in the Run Definition tab, or in the Advanced Controls tabs (Partitioner, Solver, Interpolator) – by the running command cfx5solve with the option”-large” (or -part-large, -solver-large, -interp-large)
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.