February 6, 2023 at 2:42 pmFAQParticipant
To calculate the eddy current losses in the permanent magnet (PM) in Maxwell Transient analysis, you should do the following: 1. Set the nonzero conductivity in the material properties of a PM. 2. Activate eddy effects calculation in the PM from the menu bar Maxwell 2D / Maxwell 3D -> Excitations -> Set Eddy Effect. 3. If you are simulating in 2D, assign a zero current excitation to each magnet. (The requirement to assign a zero current excitation to each object on which the eddy effects are activated applies only to 2D. This forces the induced eddy currents to return only thru the magnet itself and not thru the background region.) 4. Apply mesh operations in order to get a very fine mesh in the PM. 5. Run simulation. 6. After the simulation is finished, you can plot solidloss (W/m3) on the permanent magnet. Also, Jvector can be plotted to see the direction of the inducted eddy currents
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Cloud Computing from Electronics Desktop
- Are solid losses and eddy losses the same in Maxwell?
- How do I calculate inductance and resistance of a coil in post-processing phase?
- How I can export an equivalent circuit of a Q3D model?
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Motor Design Based on Electromagnetic and CFD Coupling
- How to perform a material sweep?
- Electric Motor Design Using Ansys Motor-CAD – Part 1
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part I
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part V
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop: Simple Communications Channel For Signal Integrity Analyses – Part II