Tagged: 16, cfx, fluid-dynamics, General, Spalart-Allmaras, turbulence
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
The Spalart-Allmaras-Model is a one-equation-model. It describes the transport of the turbulent viscosity. Why do I have to specify two values at an inlet for the option ‘TI and eddy viscosity ratio’. Answers: The S-A-Model is still in Beta-Stadium in CFX. Hence, the GUI is not consistent for that turbulence model. For this particular boundary condition, the value of TI is simply ignored. The other options require two values to calculate the turbulent viscosity nu_t at the inlet: Intensity and Length Scale: nu_t = Cmu * sqrt(k) * length_scale, k = 1.5 * Intensity^2 * Velocity^2 k and epsilon: nu_t = Cmu * k^2 / epsilon k and omega: nu_t = k / omega k and Length Scale: nu_t = Cmu * sqrt(k) * length_scale
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- Predict Gearbox Lubrication, Oil Temperature and Churning Losses using CFD Simulation
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.