March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
The typical procedure for most linked analysis is discussed in KM# 2060327 However, this is not recommended for the following reasons: 1. The reason is that two different programs are needed to solve Static and Topo. Topo is solved with C:Program FilesANSYS Incv201aisolbinwinx64Ans.Topo.Optimizer.exe (If you still use an older version it might be in a different directory and might have a slightly different name). 2. We do not recommend to call Ans.Topo.Optimizer.exe directly. That is too risky. Even when the optimization starts it can happen that you solve an unwanted problem (e.g. different BCs). All input files must be placed in the same directory as Mechanical places the files and the path given in Parameter.txt must be correct. This shouldn’t be done manually because it is too error-prone. That is why we strongly recommend to start TopoOptimzer using Mechanical.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.