April 13, 2023 at 7:32 amSolutionParticipant
By default, LS-DYNA stresses are element mean stresses located at the element center. If nodal stresses are required in output, for example, comparing the LS-DYNA solution with the Mechanical – Static Structural results, user need extrapolate the element stresses to nodes. Attached archived project shows the example to retrieve the nodal stresses. In the example, the von-Mises stress at the selected node in Mechanical – Static Structural system, which always output the stress components at nodes, is 37.954 MPa. The LS-DYNA results shows the stress at the same node is 36.972 MPa in Mechanical GUI. If the keyword snippet is used to ask for the output of nodal stress and specify the element ID of the specified node, LS-DYNA will create the output file eloutdet, which can be either opened in LS-PrePost or a text editor. The final stress at the selected node is 37.046 MPa, which is in the better agreement with Mechanical results.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.