How to resolve a REFPROP_error during Fluent real gas simulation? Error at Node 1: REFPROP_error (203) from function: tprho (density) [TPRHO error 203] vapor iteration has not converged for T = 31.329 K, P = 1.0541 MPa, rho (last guess) = 9.4830 mol/L, x (mol frac) = 1.00000 MPI Application rank 1 exited before MPI_Finalize() with status 2 The fl process could not be started.
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
Errors of this kind may indicate that the real gas model is being used at temperatures outside the assumed phase range. Here, the problem is that the critical temperature for hydrogen is ~33 K, (below which a liquid state exists) but a gaseous state is assumed by the modelling. If the simulation temperatures are above the critical temperature try limiting the Fluent minimum temperature to a value above the critical point. If the inlet temperature is below the critical point (h2 is in a liquid phase), the phase state must be set to liquid as follows: define/user-defined/real-gas-models> set-phase Select vapor phase (else liquid)? [yes] no
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Predict Gearbox Lubrication, Oil Temperature and Churning Losses using CFD Simulation
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to Predict Performance of Bioreactors and Mixing Tanks