January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
The contact penetration, the solver assumes that the solution is converged when all the convergence criteria are met and when the penetration is within the tolerance (default is 10% of underlying element size). So, here are a couple of things that one can try: – Refine the mesh (especially on the contact side) – increase the contact normal stiffness (this may cause convergence issues, I’d say use 0.1 if the default does not work). – decrease the contact penetration tolerance (you can find this under the contact details, set it to a factor of 0.05 to reduce the tolerance to 5%) – Use normal Lagrange formulation (this will result in the least penetration but it can be a bit expensive).
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
- Why there is difference in contact status between two load steps during Bolt Pretension? LS1: Bolt is Loaded LS2: Pretension is locked
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1
- Modeling Radiative Heat Transfer
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.