How to read Rhino files into ANSYS SpaceClaim DirectModeler and retain surface (layer) labels in Fluent Meshing
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
Reading the 3dm Rhino format will create a number of components, several of which will have multiple sub-components: one for each layer. If CAD operations (typically share topology) are carried out and the result transferred to Fluent Meshing the surface labels will pick up various levels of the components rather than the original layer name. Instead reduce the CAD component structure to a single layer (right click at top of the structure and “Flatten Assembly”). Carrying out share topology should then allow both conformal faceting when reading into Fluent Meshing and transfer of the original Rhino layer names.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.