How to read Rhino files into ANSYS SpaceClaim DirectModeler and retain surface (layer) labels in Fluent Meshing
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
Reading the 3dm Rhino format will create a number of components, several of which will have multiple sub-components: one for each layer. If CAD operations (typically share topology) are carried out and the result transferred to Fluent Meshing the surface labels will pick up various levels of the components rather than the original layer name. Instead reduce the CAD component structure to a single layer (right click at top of the structure and “Flatten Assembly”). Carrying out share topology should then allow both conformal faceting when reading into Fluent Meshing and transfer of the original Rhino layer names.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?